recommendations on a barrel mount flashlight

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
floridashooter
New Shotgunner

recommendations on a barrel mount flashlight

Post by floridashooter » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:13 pm

I will be using an ELZETTA ZSM-T SHOTGUN FLASHLIGHT MOUNT and am trying to find a decent light..
so many out there was curious of what others here use or recomend.. me personaly im leaning towards more on the
blinding end of lights . :lol:

Vitaly
Owner

Re: recommendations on a barrel mount flashlight

Post by Vitaly » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:25 pm

Here is my post which will be useful for you: Review of three tactical flashlights

Also, Elzetta flashlights are really good too. I like the flood lense, very good choice for close quarters.
http://www.Rem870.com - Blog about the Remington 870 Shotgun

badboybeeson
Moderator of the S&J Hardware Forum

Post by badboybeeson » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:41 pm

only one to get is the CDM gear products.
Mesa tactical makes a good one but its to bulky and cost more

floridashooter
New Shotgunner

Post by floridashooter » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:36 pm

badboybeeson wrote:only one to get is the CDM gear products.
Mesa tactical makes a good one but its to bulky and cost more
I have been looking at that and do like it. But got the elzetta mount for dirt cheap so im
going to try it first... Im liking it cause its all polymer. So once I get it I will put it through the paces one weekend and see how it holds up...

Alpha Wolf
Shotgunner

Post by Alpha Wolf » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:54 am

Insight light with low and stobe works great.
870 Express Tactical Magpul Black
M1 Garand
M1A Socom 16
Yugo SKS
Swiss K31
GP100
S&W Model 60
S&W Model 18
XD 40 4"
Kimber 1911 Team Match II
Assorted 22 cal rifles.

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:37 am

I've heard good things about the Elzetta flashlight mount. I almost bought one a year or so ago until I decided I didn't really need a light.

Automag
Senior Shotgunner

Post by Automag » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:45 pm

I like the CDM with a Streamlight TRL 1HL match myself. i only think i've said that 1,00 times-LOL ;) The TRL1-HL puts out a blinding 630 Iumens for 2.5 hrs continuous, and is shockproof, waterproof and great warranty.
Image Gun Control Means Using Both Hands.

Ace of Spades
Shotgunner

Post by Ace of Spades » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:39 am

Synchronizor wrote:I've heard good things about the Elzetta flashlight mount. I almost bought one a year or so ago until I decided I didn't really need a light.

Synch, I'm with you all the way on that one! Never a truer word spoken. Why would anyone want to give away their position by using a flashlight, laser etc.? Spend your money on lighting your property and or infra-red cams and a decent alarm system. If someone comes a knockin' then they're fair game! For hunting though I'd go with something from http://www.lasergenetics.com green flood lasers. Much more discreet.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” Albert Einstein

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:49 pm

I think you might be reading too much into what I said, Ace of Spades.

I live alone and rarely have company over, so anyone coming through my door without calling or knocking is pretty much guaranteed to be unwelcome. Also, my apartment is primarily one large room, and between the permanently-on exterior light right outside my front door, and the floodlight shining through my front window onto my American flag at night, anyone coming through my door will be illuminated anyway. So for me, a weapon light isn't really necessary, it would just be an extra hassle because of how often I take my shotgun apart while contributing to this forum and making my videos.

But for other people who have family or roommates, or who may have to investigate bumps in the night on extended property, a weapon light can be a very useful accessory. It might not always be wise to use it, but there's always the option of not turning it on in situations where it would be a disadvantage. Like any accessory, a weapon light has its uses, but it's not a "must-have" addition for every user.