Barrels for Express Tactical Magpul?

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
Michael_Js

Barrels for Express Tactical Magpul?

Post by Michael_Js » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:52 am

Hi, not sure this is the correct area, but I also have a MODEL 870™ EXPRESS® TACTICAL MAGPUL®, with an 18.5" barrel, and just ordered and received a new Remington 26" barrel, per the recommendation of a Remington tech - through e-mail. The Ring goes too far down on the magazine tube and the new barrel cannot be locked in place. The model on the new barrel is: #26312.

Does anyone know which is the correct barrel for this shotgun? I would have thought the Rem rep would have know especially since he asked for my serial number, to be sure :(

Thank you

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Re: Barrels for Express Tactical Magpul?

Post by Synchronizor » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:01 am

Moved into a new thread. Search through existing threads first, but don't be shy about starting a new topic for your questions.

The 870 Express Tactical Magpul model is one of a handful of specialized 870s that are dedicated tactical/HD guns. They're built on a receiver with a nonstandard-length mag tube that simplifies construction, but requires the barrel guide ring to be in a different location. Currently, the only barrels offered for those guns are 18.5" Express barrels, no other 870 barrels will fit without custom work.

I would get a hold of Remington. Normally their customer service department is pretty good, but the fellow you spoke with obviously dropped the ball. You should be able to get a refund for that barrel if you want.

As for the gun, if you wanted a multi-role 870, you would have been better off buying an Express Tactical model based on the standard 870 receiver, and installing the Magpul furniture on that. If it's a brand-new gun that you haven't fired yet, you may be able to return or exchange it at the place that sold it to you.