870 stock...?

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
wm2485

870 stock...?

Post by wm2485 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:08 pm

Ok, so I bought a 870 about 3 weeks ago. Did not like the original black synthetic stock. so I got the black hawk recoil reduction stock... when shooting the gun did not have the solid feel I am looking for. However I really liked the look of the stock so then I got the Blackhawk SpecOps NRS (the Blackhawk stock without the recoil reduction). For some reason I have realized I just don't like the ar style collapsible stocks.. cool at first... but I don't know its just not me. Anyways, basically I'm more of a bow hunter and this is really just a toy for me, but I'm looking for a tactical look. the 870 right now has 18.5" barrel and the Aim Sports Full Length Tactical Shotgun Quad Rail (big ass heat shield with rail mounts all over it). I am now looking for advice I've been looking at this...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/REMINGTON-870-C ... 2328f728c5
Does anyone have any experiences with this stock? or maybe can someone recommend a tactical looking stock that is solid. For some reason I don't like the magpul... like the forend, just not the butt stock. Thanks in advance. This is my first post here, and i am excited about this website.

PS the Aim Sports Full Length Tactical Shotgun Quad Rail
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005N8 ... UTF8&psc=1
will scratch your guns finish BAD. Anyone in the market for this... be aware. Gun also is very heavy with this. My wife can't hold this gun up in a shooting position for more then 8-10 seconds before her arms are tired. Me I'm 6'5" 350lbs its not really a big deal for me.
Again... Thanks!!

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Re: 870 stock...?

Post by Synchronizor » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:37 am

If you want something simple and functional, SpeedFeed makes some quality products.

If you're just concerned about looks though, it's kind of on you to decide what looks good to you.