Hogue "Tamar" Hardware

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
JBall
Super Shotgunner

Hogue "Tamar" Hardware

Post by JBall » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:19 am

Anyone tell me what size the hardware is on the hogue Tamar? I can't seem to set the screw all the way to snug the stock looking for shorter screw of same size. ...

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Re: Hogue

Post by Synchronizor » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:53 am

Stock bolts for the 870 use a standard UNF 1/4-28 thread. You can find fasteners with this thread in any decently-stocked hardware or fastener store. I would suggest skipping stainless steel screws in favor of harder and more durable alloy steel.

Before you buy other fasteners though, you ought to screw your current fastener directly into the receiver stud, without the furniture, and measure how far it'll thread in. You should be able to get about 7/8" in before you hit bottom. If you're getting significantly less than that, you may have other problems.

JBall
Super Shotgunner

Hogue "Tamar" Hardware

Post by JBall » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:57 am

My man. Knew I could count on you quick lol. Thank you sync.

JBall
Super Shotgunner

Hogue "Tamar" Hardware

Post by JBall » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:57 am

By the way great to know about the 7/8"

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Re: Hogue

Post by Synchronizor » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:02 am

Happy to help. I actually did a repair job on an 870 receiver stud a few months back, so I already had all the sizes and measurements written down in my notebook.

JBall
Super Shotgunner

Hogue "Tamar" Hardware

Post by JBall » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:28 pm

After your examples in the video and closer inspection I believe it to just be the top 1/8 inch or so of the screw that is stripped. This is good news. Easiest, cheapest fix possible. Thanks for the help. It's people like you who give your time and knowledge, even though you most likely have not much to gain, that makes these forums so much help.