Photos of Streamlight TLR-1, Indoors

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
Chief Brody
Senior Shotgunner

Photos of Streamlight TLR-1, Indoors

Post by Chief Brody » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:20 pm

Meant to do this a long time ago, and wish I could do a better job - but anyway this'll give you a good idea of how this particular light works. My camera wasn't really getting the job done with the apartment any darker than it is, but you can see - the Streamlight is plenty bright with the lights ON. I'm a righty, and I have the TLR-1 mounted on the right side of gun, with Streamlight's magazine tube mount. I can easily manipulate the switch using my left index finger, without shifting the rest of my hand on the forend. I took these holding the shotgun with my right hand and the camera with my left - that's a workout!

This first shot was taken with the camera aimed at a mirror, I promise I didn't lie about which side the light is on.

This is about 20.5'.

Here is 13', keeping in mind typical home defense shooting distances.

I haven't tried out any other weapon lights besides this one, and I'm perfectly fine with that. This is an awesome torch, reasonable price, easy to install. Win, win, win. Buy one.

Steve
Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready. - T.R.

Kentactic
Senior Shotgunner

Re: Photos of Streamlight TLR-1, Indoors

Post by Kentactic » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:51 pm

How is it attached to the gun? Curious what that is.

Chief Brody
Senior Shotgunner

Post by Chief Brody » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:58 pm

Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready. - T.R.

Kentactic
Senior Shotgunner

Post by Kentactic » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:17 pm

Ah ok, thanks.