ATI Halo Heat Sheild question

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
JBall
Super Shotgunner

ATI Halo Heat Sheild question

Post by JBall » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:07 am

Wanna sell it since it doesn't fit?

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Re: ATI Halo Heat Sheild question

Post by Synchronizor » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:51 am

13oliver13 wrote:The reason I bought the halo was for the ghost ring sights. My remington is not tapped to accept rails or optics as the Mossberg is or the 870 Tactical. For that reason I did not want to rely on just the small bead at the end of the barrel. I just want something simple as I feel optics or red dots for a shotgun is overkill. Ideas out there? can I have a gunsmith tap my receiver for screw holes?
You can have any 870 receiver tapped to mount a top rail or rear sight. Except for the holes, tapped and untapped receivers are identical.

With practice, a front bead sight is very quick to line up and more than precise enough for short-range work inside the home. Before you go to all the trouble of mounting new front and rear sights, you might want to put some trigger time in with the bead sight, and see if it'll do what you need it to at expected HD ranges.