Rem 870 utilizing bead AND red dot

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
jambulo

Re: Rem 870 utilizing bead AND red dot

Post by jambulo » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:37 pm

I bought an inexpensive sight as more of a test to see if iI want to use a dot sight or some iron sights. I didn't want to test this using a $300 sight. I'm still not sure which direction I'm going to take.

rythomas0704
Valued Shotgunner

Post by rythomas0704 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:21 pm

jambulo wrote:I bought an inexpensive sight as more of a test to see if iI want to use a dot sight or some iron sights. I didn't want to test this using a $300 sight. I'm still not sure which direction I'm going to take.
I suppose that is a good idea. But remember that when "testing" with a cheap and unreliable product it could give you wrong impression and bad results ultimately leaving a bad taste in your mouth, so to speak. Regardless, good luck with your decision. :D
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
- George Orwell

JBall
Super Shotgunner

Post by JBall » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:18 am

nbk13nw wrote:I use a Burris Speedbead along with the supplied mount. This allows me to use the red dot and the bead together.
What do you think of the Burris? I have been looking into it lately...

nbk13nw
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by nbk13nw » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:15 pm

I have put over 200 rounds thru it and only made one adjustment after 20 rounds. The site stayed where i put it and worked flawlessly so far. Easy to see and easy to adjust as needed.

JBall
Super Shotgunner

Post by JBall » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:45 am

The Burris gets very good reviews. It gets hated on because it is VERY expensive (@249.99) for a product that essentially does what your mounted bead does. Other than that I like the product and would recommend it if you have no budget for your gun and $ is no object. It is a nice feature that they give you risers and the ability to line the speedbead with the bead.