CDM Gear Clamps

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
Vitaly
Owner

Re: CDM Gear Clamps

Post by Vitaly » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:29 am

jeffcneal wrote:TFuller:

What kind of issues with the finish? Sorry, but I don't have a Facebook account.

regards and thanks,
Jeff
Here is info from CDM Gear Facebook: "Well, after going through the parts there is an anodizing issue we need to look at. As parts become available I will post here or on the website. Rough start to the year but we'll get 'er done."
http://www.Rem870.com - Blog about the Remington 870 Shotgun

rdsmith3
Shotgunner

Post by rdsmith3 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:42 pm

I received an e-mail from them on Jan 19 that stated, "There was an issue with the anodizing. It is being looked at and I hoping to have some next week."

I am really interested in getting one of these clamps. It is the last accessory for my shotgun.

jeffcneal
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Post by jeffcneal » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:32 am

Thanks guys for assisting a technologically deficient soul. It's good to know it's getting sorted since they have some top-shelf mounts.

thanks,
Jeff

CDM Gear
New Shotgunner

Post by CDM Gear » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:49 am

Hi Guys. Unfortunately the anodizing is pretty bad. I had thought about selling them off as mismatched but I really don't want my product out in the public looking the way it does. I have been waiting since the end of September when I placed my order. I received my product in the second week of January only to see the huge color and texture difference across all my parts. I took them to a local anodizer and waited to find out what could be done. Due to the differences in texture a simple strip and re anodize wouldn't give me the results I am after for a quality product. A huge disappointment and only a hand full of parts out of the original group were matched up and are spoken for. The remainder is packaged up and on it's way back to the shop to get the issue corrected. I wish I could pick a time and a day but I have no ETA for delivery at this time.
I do have a second shop working on the new MTC clamp. This part is in tooling right now and hopefully I will have an ETA on this product soon. Naturally, Vitaly will get one to try out. The MTC clamp is shown with a Mossberg 590A1 but it will work on your Remington 870 with a magazine tube extension.

rdsmith3
Shotgunner

Post by rdsmith3 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:53 pm

Just so I understand, the MTC clamps on to the magazine, whereas the MOD-C clamp sort of wedged between the barrel and the magazine?

I have a Remington 870 express 7 shot, with the factory magazine extension that has a factory bracket that holds the extension to the barrel. Would the MTC fit this?

jeffcneal
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Post by jeffcneal » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:02 pm

rdsmith3:

Yes, but you'll want to remove the factory clamp first.

regards,
Jeff

CDM Gear
New Shotgunner

Post by CDM Gear » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:13 am

Ok, we finally have our stock in. MOD-C and BMT clamps. The new MTC and MTR are about 2-3 weeks out. Lots of good stuff on the new clamps makes them an excellent value for the money. Some pics are up on the website and on the Facebook page so check them out. There is a waiting list on the MTC and you can get $5 off just ny signing up. We're doing deposits or pre-sales, just asking you to sign up and getting $5 off when they come out. Check www.cdmgear.com on the STORE page for details.

rdsmith3
Shotgunner

Post by rdsmith3 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:11 pm

CDM Gear wrote:Ok, we finally have our stock in. MOD-C and BMT clamps. The new MTC and MTR are about 2-3 weeks out. Lots of good stuff on the new clamps makes them an excellent value for the money. Some pics are up on the website and on the Facebook page so check them out. There is a waiting list on the MTC and you can get $5 off just ny signing up. We're doing deposits or pre-sales, just asking you to sign up and getting $5 off when they come out. Check http://www.cdmgear.com on the STORE page for details.
If we're on the waiting list will you be contacting us?

CDM Gear
New Shotgunner

Post by CDM Gear » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:29 am

Yes, everyone who signs up on the MTC waiting list will get an email sent to them when product is available to ship. It will include a link to a check out page that offers the discount on the mount.

M1AG30
Valued Shotgunner

Post by M1AG30 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:15 am

checked out your site.... do you make ..or maybe plan to make a barrel clamp.. without the light assy.... mabe with just the sling or the ability to attach your sling swivel kit or something like the BMT but that also is a clamp to hold mag extension in place.... from its looks the products you make now are to secure a light to the weapon not to secure the ext tube in place........ please correct me me if I am wrong in this...... I am purchasing a mag ext but the prev owner doesnt have the clamp that came with it..... your products look top notch was just wondering.....
It is their God's decision to forgive our enemies,
It is our duty to arrange the meeting!