Best 870 Police Magazine Extension

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
tcinla

Best 870 Police Magazine Extension

Post by tcinla » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:56 pm

Hi, I’m looking for the best option to extend my magazine tube capacity. On some other sites, I’ve read that you might need to use a particular spring no matter what brand you go with. Or, it might have been to use a different spring if you go with the Remington extension. In any case, I figure somebody went down this rabbit hole and worked out what to get.

I checked and my 870P doesn’t have detent on the tube and I took pics but the img tag doesn’t let me browse my iPad to load them.

So, what’s the best option or combination to go with?

Romulus
Valued Shotgunner

Re: Best 870 Police Magazine Extension

Post by Romulus » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:13 am

If you check Synchronizor's YouTube video he makes a good case for a two piece extension i.e. the Remington factory extension. I already had my 870 Police Magnum fitted with a matching shiny blue factory tube, just got a Wilson combat follower and spring (their +2 spring will fit both +2 and +3 tubes per webstore description) and am very happy with the performance of this combination.

Also mounted on my early 90s Express (pre dimple, pre polymer TG era)...
ETA: you will need a longer spring regardless what extension you go with. Many aftermarket kits come with the spring, if you go factory tube you'll have to buy spring separately, either from Remington direct or another vendor.
Rom

Germansheperd
Senior Shotgunner

Post by Germansheperd » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:12 pm

tcinla wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:56 pm
Hi, I’m looking for the best option to extend my magazine tube capacity. On some other sites, I’ve read that you might need to use a particular spring no matter what brand you go with. Or, it might have been to use a different spring if you go with the Remington extension. In any case, I figure somebody went down this rabbit hole and worked out what to get.

I checked and my 870P doesn’t have detent on the tube and I took pics but the img tag doesn’t let me browse my iPad to load them.

So, what’s the best option or combination to go with?
Just go with the Remington extension kit +2 or +3 depending on if you have an 18/18.5” or 20” barrel.

Jedd

Post by Jedd » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:53 am

anyone have a remington oem +2 mag extension in a blued finish they want to part with?

byxlaw
Shotgunner

Post by byxlaw » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:10 am

Jedd wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:53 am
anyone have a remington oem +2 mag extension in a blued finish they want to part with?
Remington webstore has. Tube only (coupler, spring, bracket, too, separately), all kits are OOS

Germansheperd
Senior Shotgunner

Post by Germansheperd » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:33 pm

Jedd wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:53 am
Go to Tacticalgunslings.com and navigate the online store.