Looking for Range Bag recommendations

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
CelloMan
New Shotgunner

Looking for Range Bag recommendations

Post by CelloMan » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:03 am

Hello - I followed the 30+ posts about range bags on the forum and didn't see a discussion around what I'm looking for. I have a carry case for my 870. What I'm looking for is an additional bag for ammo, a few cleaning items, bottles of water, ear/eye protection, etc. Not too heavy, not too flimsy, and not too expensive :)
I see a lot of bags on all the usual websites that are 1/2 way there, but they have pockets for 23 pistols and 48 magazines, etc. Not needing any of that. Just got the 870 and I'd rather not pay for (or lug) all that extra stuff.
So what are people using? I know I can pile it all into my hiking day-pack, but was hoping for something a little more refined for the shotgun owner.
Thanks!

Scorpion8
Elite Shotgunner

Re: Looking for Range Bag recommendations

Post by Scorpion8 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:00 pm

Although primarily a clays shooting gear provider, I have two of these bags and they work perfectly for any sort of range shooting. In fact, one is dedicated to the pistol range. Spot for a bottle or mug, lots of little pockets inside plus two big outside pockets, and room (as advertised) for 6 shotshell boxes. Plus their customer service is superb. I had a shoulder strap fray and I emailed them and 2 days later a new strap showed up, no questions asked. Highly recommended.

https://www.wildhareshootinggear.com/st ... t-Bag.aspx
Imperious Moderatus
Retired USN
NRA Life ; NAHC Life
Pain heals, chicks dig scars.....glory -- lasts forever!

CelloMan
New Shotgunner

Post by CelloMan » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:53 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. I jumped in and bought this https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939143934 which I'll use until it wears out or I need to replace it. I'll keep the Wild Hares bag in mind for next time.

Scorpion8
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Scorpion8 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:51 pm

Looks good and should do the job!
Imperious Moderatus
Retired USN
NRA Life ; NAHC Life
Pain heals, chicks dig scars.....glory -- lasts forever!