870 DM Magazines

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
Joshua27

870 DM Magazines

Post by Joshua27 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:55 am

I recently purchased the magpul edition 870 DM and I really like the shotgun. My big issue with it is the fact that I can’t find 6 round magazines anywhere online including Remingtons own website. Everywhere is sold out. Did Remington quit making magazines and/or discontinue this model all together?

Ryanbk

Re: 870 DM Magazines

Post by Ryanbk » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:08 pm

I’m in the same boat here. I have the one 6 round it came with, but would like a few more. I’m surprised nobody else is making them. If anyone hears of some that come in stock or are available for purchase, we would be grateful to know.

cm102068

Post by cm102068 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:42 am

My LGS where I purchased my DM is famous for buying discontinued lots. This was the case for my DM. It appears the DM is not in production any longer. Unless Magpul buys the design/rights I think we are SOL.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

WheelmanKME

Post by WheelmanKME » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:42 am

This site says they have magazines in stock. However, they are in the Yukon Territory and only accept bitcoin or gift cards as payment.

https://slecsecurity.com/product/reming ... 2-ga-6rds/

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

gWebber
Senior Shotgunner

Post by gWebber » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:01 am

WheelmanKME wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:42 am
This site says they have magazines in stock. However, they are in the Yukon Territory and only accept bitcoin or gift cards as payment.

https://slecsecurity.com/product/reming ... 2-ga-6rds/

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Bitcoin or Gift cards ... that sounds like a fast way to get ripped off to me.

ChillyB
Super Shotgunner

Post by ChillyB » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:53 am

No insider info, except some decades in manufacturing. Remington likely contracted the mag mfg out to someone with mag molding experience. The dies were likely owned by Rem, and are now owned by Roundhill. They may or may not have been returned to Remington before the sale.

Roundhill needs to start generating revenue, and fast. They arent a big name so probably can't rely on huge cash reserves to sustain them for long. Their plan was to start with the 870, and since I've not seen a Roundhill 870 yet they are still paying bills with no income. If the 870 is cake, the DM is icing. Unless it was a hot seller they may not bother to bring it back (combine with legislative uncertainty of its continued legality).

Might not be difficult to have the supplier restart mag production, but the supplier may have a case of red-ass if they were owed money by Remington. They may be holding the dies hostage. If there are legal/financial entanglements then Roundhill likely wont bother about them anytime soon, if ever.

Again, no insider info but have witnessed similar scenarios.

ChillyB
Super Shotgunner

Post by ChillyB » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:08 am

Looked at some photos. Seems like body and follower are very simple. I'll bet one could fabricate them at home with a Dremel and a MIG welder. And a lot of time. So don't watch SEC basketball and clear 12 hr/wk from your calendar. Figure out how to heat treat sheetmetal and make something that will work?

Rice59cw

Post by Rice59cw » Wed May 26, 2021 7:01 pm

I too am stuck with just 1-6 round mag...buggers, had 3 add'l on order with Rem but when they crashed that was canx. Been searching every where, went to the Yukon site I saw mentioned...left me feeling twitchy...vanilla card? Really, why is that I wonder? The 870 DM was such a hit at SHOT...it is a white elephant with only 1 mag.

mrperkinsmark

Post by mrperkinsmark » Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:33 pm

ChillyB wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:08 am

Looked at some photos. Seems like body and follower are very simple. I'll bet one could fabricate them at home with a Dremel and a MIG welder. And a lot of time. So don't watch SEC basketball and clear 12 hr/wk from your calendar. Figure out how to heat treat sheetmetal and make something that will work?

I am also confused. Couldn't find any info about them.