Remington Magazine Extension (2 Shot)

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
agoodrich07

Remington Magazine Extension (2 Shot)

Post by agoodrich07 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:56 pm

I recently purchased a 'Remington' magazine extension to allow for 2 extra shells to be stored in the magazine tube (Remington 870 Tactical). I have yet to install the extension because I have to drill out the dimples that came with the stock magazine tube, however, it seems as though the spring that came with the extension bundle is too long. Is there a way that I can trim it down? What are my possible options? Or is it the correct length and I'm just seeing things? Thanks for your help in advance.

cv0lv0g0
Global Moderator

Re: Remington Magazine Extension (2 Shot)

Post by cv0lv0g0 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:08 am

You are most likely seeing things try to load the number or rounds your gun should take into it.

Remember Safety First if you don't have dummies.

AkiroHikage
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Post by AkiroHikage » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:33 am

Check out this thread: http://www.rem870.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=12

Trimming the extension spring is an option but that is a last resort. Make sure the extension is fully seated with the mag tube the spring does like to jump into the seam. A couple smacks with your hand while mating them can keep it from getting snagged.

Shoudn't this be in Accessories and Upgrades? It is an upgrade question 8-)
The tactical psychologist.

cv0lv0g0
Global Moderator

Post by cv0lv0g0 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:12 am

AkiroHikage wrote:Check out this thread: http://www.rem870.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=12

Trimming the extension spring is an option but that is a last resort. Make sure the extension is fully seated with the mag tube the spring does like to jump into the seam. A couple smacks with your hand while mating them can keep it from getting snagged.

Shoudn't this be in Accessories and Upgrades? It is an upgrade question 8-)
And you are right... hey give me a break i was up at 0100 doing this. :cry:

AkiroHikage
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Post by AkiroHikage » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:24 pm

I saw you were online so I wanted to keep you on your toes :D

Keep up the good work moderator, it is appreciated.
The tactical psychologist.

Jamie
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by Jamie » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:28 pm

The 870 I just bought came with a Wilson Combat extension, of course the first thing I did once I got it is take it apart! The spring came out like one of those 'joke' snake cans, boy that thing is long. It's a little bit of 'technique' to get it back in. Cutting it shorter doesn't sound like a good idea. I would have to ASSume the people that designed and manufactured it probably know what they are doing, so in a word, DON'T.