Replacement front sight needed for rifle sights

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
Mifune326
Valued Shotgunner

Replacement front sight needed for rifle sights

Post by Mifune326 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:03 pm

Love my 870's factory adjustable rifle sights. Only problem is, the front sight is so white that I lose it in bright sunlight. Anyone make a good replacement that will slide in that dovetail, like maybe a fiber optic or something else that's more visible?

TexasArmor84
Senior Shotgunner

Re: Replacement front sight needed for rifle sights

Post by TexasArmor84 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:18 pm

XS sights check them out on there website much better sight I have them on mine and are perfect for me.ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TexasArmor84
Senior Shotgunner

Post by TexasArmor84 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:19 pm

Mifune326
Valued Shotgunner

Post by Mifune326 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:10 pm

Thanks for your response Armor. I have a non-adjustable version of those sights on another barrel. Great set-up if you want to shoot bird or buckshot fast, but for me, I find that I need a sight picture that's a little more precise for slugs. I love the sight picture that my factory Remington rifle sights provide, but I need to do something about that front sight to make it more visible.

TexasArmor84
Senior Shotgunner

Post by TexasArmor84 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:07 pm

Mifune326 wrote:Thanks for your response Armor. I have a non-adjustable version of those sights on another barrel. Great set-up if you want to shoot bird or buckshot fast, but for me, I find that I need a sight picture that's a little more precise for slugs. I love the sight picture that my factory Remington rifle sights provide, but I need to do something about that front sight to make it more visible.
You can paint the front white tip to a fluorescent to color it should help for now

Mifune326
Valued Shotgunner

Post by Mifune326 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:56 am

You're right Texas. I think I'm gonna do that. Hopefully it holds up for a little while!

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Mon May 01, 2017 10:04 am

You can get purpose-formulated sight paint. I have a little .32 mousegun that I carry occasionally. Along with some action work, it had its front sight painted florescent orange back in 2010, and it's held up real well. Very eye-catching too, even on that tiny little sight.