Having Issues with installing BlackHawk Stock

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
RMaier0403

Having Issues with installing BlackHawk Stock

Post by RMaier0403 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:26 pm

Googmorning all. Im new here and in need of some assistance. I was handed down my father in laws late 80's wingmaster and from "malnutrition" the barrel, stock, magazine tube, and pretty much the mechanics of the fore end were in need of some detail work. The barrel was pitted with rust and the receiver seemed like the only piece that didnt need some tlc.

I've decided to just do a tactical rebuild on it so I started off with purchasing a Blackhawk Spec Ops stock and Forend. Thinking the stock would just be a simple replacement I was wrong. After taking apart the original stock which came apart very nice, I noticed the 8 or 9 inch bolt that goes into the receiver didnt look the same as the bolt that lies in the stock of the blackhawk. The Blackhawk bolt seems to be course while the original bolt from the remi seems to be fine with a thread count of 28.

Needless to say once I start bolting on the blackhawk to the remi receiver it just binds up and doesnt go. Obviously, I back it out and dont move on but why cant I find this problem anywhere on the net?... Have you guys encountered this issue before? Is there a replacement receiver stud I can purchase that will fit the BlackHawk Bolt?

Its just frustrating to purchase a top of the line product to only have an hour of your time wasted in trying to diagnose a problem.

M1AG30
Valued Shotgunner

Re: Having Issues with installing BlackHawk Stock

Post by M1AG30 » Wed May 02, 2012 5:59 am

id contact blackhawk, is this the recoil reducing stock? mine bolted right up .... could be a screwup at the manufacturer....
It is their God's decision to forgive our enemies,
It is our duty to arrange the meeting!

RichNZ
Global Moderator

Post by RichNZ » Wed May 02, 2012 7:23 am

Are they different lengths, or just different threads?

I seem to have in the back of my mind, the vague memory that one of the VERY few changes made to the design of the 870 over the years may have been the stock bolt.

Yeah, i'd be dropping them a line - they might have a solution for ya.

Vitaly
Owner

Post by Vitaly » Sat May 05, 2012 8:22 pm

RMaier0403, I didn't have such problem with my Knoxx stock, you definitely need to contact Blackhawk.

Please let us know how the problem was solved.
http://www.Rem870.com - Blog about the Remington 870 Shotgun