ShurShot Stock w/SuperCell Pad

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
Randomguns
Enthusiast Shotgunner

ShurShot Stock w/SuperCell Pad

Post by Randomguns » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:59 am

OK so here goes, I’m specifically interested in someone that has or has had a ShurShot stock w/ SuperCell pad and matching forend on their 870 and what they think/thought of it. It seems that a majority of the population here leans toward HD and who has the bigger, better bling on their thing and has forgotten where the 870 got its roots. I am putting together a 28” vent rib, smooth bore, screw-in choke with a 5” receiver mounted rail. The rail will have a Redfield Revenge w/Accu-Ranger ballistic system so I would like a little taller comb and don’t want adjustable. I could put my walnut monte carlo on it but it’s for my daughter to hunt with and I want her to be able to bring it home in one piece after she runs it through the car wash. Oh, almost forgot, she will be hunting for deer and elk that will be sitting at a table playing cards in the middle of a field. Any Thoughts?
This Space For Rent

vmax
Experienced Shotgunner

Re: ShurShot Stock w/SuperCell Pad

Post by vmax » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:09 pm

I currently have the shurshot stocks on my slug gun. They work great for managing recoil but i would be careful in buying them for your daughter as the pistol grip area is quite large and requires a large hand also it seems to increase the distance from grip to trigger, also requiering a large hand. Even on my 870 i still added a padded comb riser for proper scope allignment and cheek protection. Just my opinion others my differ.
Don't buy it if you can't sell it.