New mag spring/follower problem:

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
nevadajak

New mag spring/follower problem:

Post by nevadajak » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:46 am

I installed a scattergun technologies spring and follower for std. mag tube. Now I can barely
fit 4 rds. of 2 3/4" in the tube, and only 3 rds. of 3". It's a Rem 870 Express 12 ga. 3" magnum.
The spring is longer than the stock one and the follower has a long tail on it, the pkg. says for a std. magazine tube. Maybe this is normal I'm not sure, could the longer spring be binding ?
Need advice, thanks...........

Vitaly
Owner

Re: New mag spring/follower problem:

Post by Vitaly » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:21 am

nevadajak wrote:I installed a scattergun technologies spring and follower for std. mag tube. Now I can barely
fit 4 rds. of 2 3/4" in the tube, and only 3 rds. of 3". It's a Rem 870 Express 12 ga. 3" magnum.
The spring is longer than the stock one and the follower has a long tail on it, the pkg. says for a std. magazine tube. Maybe this is normal I'm not sure, could the longer spring be binding ?
Need advice, thanks...........
Yes, you need to cut the spring to proper length. Cut a small piece of the spring, assemble shotgun and try loading shells, if everything works ok - just leave it as it is. If it still doesn't have enough space then cut a small piece of spring again. Do it until you are satisfied.
http://www.Rem870.com - Blog about the Remington 870 Shotgun

M1AG30
Valued Shotgunner

Post by M1AG30 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:10 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ what he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^lol
It is their God's decision to forgive our enemies,
It is our duty to arrange the meeting!

nevadajak

Post by nevadajak » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:57 pm

Thanks Vitaly
I'm glad I didn't do something wrong.....