150lums enough?

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
RandyWag
Experienced Shotgunner

150lums enough?

Post by RandyWag » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:16 pm

I really didnt want to go pay 100 bucks for a taclight. I got one off amazon for $35 and it has strobe, low, high, and a laser. but it is only 150lums. you think thats too little?
If you break into my house, be quiet, or ill wake up and unload on you.

RichNZ
Global Moderator

Re: 150lums enough?

Post by RichNZ » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:10 pm

I don't really trust any manufacturer claims about having xxx lumens.

What you using it for?

pizzadave
New Shotgunner

Post by pizzadave » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:56 pm

What I would say is... what is enough for you? And lumens don't mean crap. Some lights have 400 lumens, and they are so spread out that the light output is useless. I have seen a good 200 lumen light shine out to nearly 100 yards efficiently. Use the light, and see if you like it.... See if you think it is "enough" I played with a Nebo LED light, that claims to have a hair over 200, and it was AMAZINGLY BRIGHT. And it claims 4 hours of battery life on the brightest setting.... This light sells for about $25 at local stores and I will probably buy one. I also have $2 LED flashlight from walmart that doesn't boast any sort of Lumens. I use it for work because it is tiny, and easy to carry in my tool pouch. It outshines my $20 mini maglight LED by a ton.... Soooo don't always believe what you read or are told, just play with ones you can, and find what works for you

RandyWag
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by RandyWag » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:27 pm

RichNZ wrote:I don't really trust any manufacturer claims about having xxx lumens.

What you using it for?
well it actually was described with 96,000 MCD but i googled that into lumens. Just going to be on my home defense shotty

RandyWag
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by RandyWag » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:33 pm

pizzadave wrote:What I would say is... what is enough for you? And lumens don't mean crap. Some lights have 400 lumens, and they are so spread out that the light output is useless. I have seen a good 200 lumen light shine out to nearly 100 yards efficiently. Use the light, and see if you like it.... See if you think it is "enough" I played with a Nebo LED light, that claims to have a hair over 200, and it was AMAZINGLY BRIGHT. And it claims 4 hours of battery life on the brightest setting.... This light sells for about $25 at local stores and I will probably buy one. I also have $2 LED flashlight from walmart that doesn't boast any sort of Lumens. I use it for work because it is tiny, and easy to carry in my tool pouch. It outshines my $20 mini maglight LED by a ton.... Soooo don't always believe what you read or are told, just play with ones you can, and find what works for you
thats the brand i got. NEBO CSI 8LED. I just got it in the mail today and i have to say that im pretty impressed. It was cheap and supposed to be short term, but it might be a keeper