recommend cleaning kit?

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
RichNZ
Global Moderator

Re: recommend cleaning kit?

Post by RichNZ » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:34 pm

Use that on my AR and she loves it... never thought to use it on the 870! I'll be giving that a go :)

gypsydan41
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by gypsydan41 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:34 pm

I myself like to use Tetra on all of my 870's. It makes the actions so smooth and fast! Cleaning has always been around, I can't even remember the first cleaning equipment I used. I think it was WD-40 and break free for years. Anyway all that stuff works, you just have to do the nasty and get the job done.

vmax
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by vmax » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:58 pm

Many of the old timers at my local range still use WD-40 and some type of home brew that contains automatic tranny fluid. I have never asked for the mix. Maybe they got something worth looking into?
Don't buy it if you can't sell it.

gen2tegboi
New Shotgunner

Post by gen2tegboi » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:31 am

Ballistol is all I use for my guns. My 870 loves it and thanks me for using Ballistol. I also bought a bore tech 12 gauge jag, it makes pretty good bore contact (not as good as a tampon). I do use Rem-oil for the trigger action only, why? because the manual says so lol