Kellan binary lights

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
gypsydan41
Experienced Shotgunner

Kellan binary lights

Post by gypsydan41 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:20 pm

I just bought a kellan binary light setup. It is the coolest thing out right now. It has a remote switch that operates from as far as 7 meters"23ft.". It has a remote button that can be fitted,glued,velcro etc.. anywhere on the weapon! Wow no more wires! The batteries on the remote are good for 10 years. I believe that it is the future of combat lighting. http://www.kellanusa.com You guys have got to check this out!
Last edited by gypsydan41 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vitaly
Owner

Re: Kellan binary lights

Post by Vitaly » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:16 pm

gypsydan41 wrote:I just bought a kellan binary light setup. It is the coolest thing out right now. It has a remote switch that operates from as far as 7 meters"27ft.". It has a remote button that can be fitted,glued,velcro etc.. anywhere on the weapon! Wow no more wires! The batteries on the remote are good for 10 years. I believe that it is the future of combat lighting. http://www.kellanusa.com You guys have got to check this out!
Wow! I agree that it is the future of combat lighting, incredible idea!
http://www.Rem870.com - Blog about the Remington 870 Shotgun

rbalis

Post by rbalis » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:33 pm

That is state-of-the-art but at +$300 that cost more than my 870
Remington 1911R1 -- My 870's Backup

gypsydan41
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by gypsydan41 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:17 pm

the cost might be up, but you will pay close the same for a surefire or of the like. I like it cause you can take the light off of the weapon and set it at a distance away from you and the weapon and set up a kill zone or distraction, and then operate it from afar, plus if there are more people in your party you can set the lights up to work together,(squad tactics etc.) I find it to be way more usefule than a standard light system. :twisted:

Randomguns
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Post by Randomguns » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:24 pm

Hmmm, I think if I was in or possibly in a confrontational situation, I would probably have more to think about than turning the lights on and off or orchestrating a light show. I would be more inclined to turn the light on, identify the the source of my concern, and eliminate the concern (peacefully if possible). I can always throw an inanimate object for a distraction and have control of where I'm looking in the dark at the same time. (I assume it's dark, otherwise I probably wouldn't need a flashlight) Of course it is kind of a neat doo dad and would be cool to have, I suppose just to say I have one. And that's exactly why they get the big bucks for 'em. One thing I do like is the "no more wires", one less thing to get tangled up in. Maby I should get one to put on the shelf next to my radar gun. :roll:
This Space For Rent

gypsydan41
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by gypsydan41 » Wed May 02, 2012 2:08 pm

sometimes it helps to be prepared for certain things, and the more you are prepared, the better off you will(family)be in the long run. I'm not trying to compare body parts with anyone, I think that it is very usefule and I don't care who you are, go out right now and buy a high end surefire and you will pay the price, more than you stupid radar gun.

gypsydan41
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by gypsydan41 » Thu May 03, 2012 1:44 pm

I have but one question for you. Have you ever in your whole life been in "combat"? Because if you were you would know what I'm talking about,99% of a combatant's move's are all about disstraction. So when you pull your head out of your ass and give me a hard time over a stupid light, try growing up some son or things like this will continue to happen. Yes in your home dummy this may or may not work. I was simply trying to portray what the light is capable of doing and I get some smartass that's tuff behind a keyboard, Wow!!! Vitaly and everyone else I will say that I am sorry for my behavior, but I do not tolorate disrespect in any form, I don't give it therfore I shouldn't recieve it!

AkiroHikage
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Post by AkiroHikage » Fri May 04, 2012 12:42 pm

gypsydan41 wrote:I have but one question for you. Have you ever in your whole life been in "combat"? Because if you were you would know what I'm talking about,99% of a combatant's move's are all about disstraction. So when you pull your head out of your ass and give me a hard time over a stupid light, try growing up some son or things like this will continue to happen. Yes in your home dummy this may or may not work. I was simply trying to portray what the light is capable of doing and I get some smartass that's tuff behind a keyboard, Wow!!! Vitaly and everyone else I will say that I am sorry for my behavior, but I do not tolorate disrespect in any form, I don't give it therfore I shouldn't recieve it!
Seems like you just gave some disrespect there, you did call his radar gun stupid ;) . People are always going to be opinionated about what works for them and what doesn't. I hadn't heard of the binary light before this thread so I took it as some good info. Thanks for sharing, it definitely offers a lot more flexibility than the standard weapons light system.
The tactical psychologist.

gypsydan41
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by gypsydan41 » Fri May 04, 2012 1:41 pm

yeah that was sort of my point. All I was doing was giving some examples of just what a person can do with the product, nothing more. I don't need any input from a person that wishes to put it down, and yes not everyone is going to agree with everything, but if you don't like watching boobies on tv then change the channel for crying in the sink! If someone want's to be a smartass then go someplace else. I guess I just did not take it that way, and I have read things that he has wrote and you don't hear me spouting off about about the things on my shelf. Yeah I will put on a light show and I damn well guarantee that "I will come out on top". Already have in the past. So I just wish he would take it upon himself to not respond to me, and me to him that would work out best!! Pulling back my claws now, and it's done. I have no more time for crap like that!

AkiroHikage
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Post by AkiroHikage » Fri May 04, 2012 5:21 pm

I meant to ask before, but do you use some sort of QD rail mount for your Kellen light, so it is setup as a standard light that can be moved weapon to weapon, but also able to be setup remotely?
The tactical psychologist.