Knoxx Talon Stock

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
SharksFan
Shotgunner

Knoxx Talon Stock

Post by SharksFan » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:08 pm

This stock has been in development for quite a while and it's finally been released.
stock_blkk06200c_c.jpg
stock_blkk06200c_c.jpg (62.77 KiB) Viewed 9206 times
It features swappable rubber inserts in the grip to change to the hand size of the user, hollowed out buttstock for storage, built in swivel stud and the same recoil reduction system in the Spec-Ops stock. Length of pull is 13.75 inches. Thoughts? Opinions?

Vitaly
Owner

Re: Knoxx Talon Stock

Post by Vitaly » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:35 am

Looks very interesting! But it would be good to hear opinion of the person who used it. Maybe Knoxx has fixed known SpecOps stock problems, cheekslap for example?
http://www.Rem870.com - Blog about the Remington 870 Shotgun

gypsydan41
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by gypsydan41 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:38 pm

Forgive me, but what happen's with cheekslap? I've never heard of this term before. Is it because of the angle the stock is in relation to the shooter's cheek, and upon recoil it comes back and slap's you? Only on my 458 Win mag. does that happen to me :lol: Looks absolutely bitchen though. I can't wait to try one out and see first hand just how these recoil reducing stock feel and work. I guess it might be time for me to jump up with technologies and quit being so old school.
Yes, you are right. This happens mostly with Knoxx stocks. I have experienced it several times but later it was ok.

SharksFan
Shotgunner

Post by SharksFan » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:20 am

Have read a few reviews so far, two of which mentioned cheek slap. Guess it's here to stay on Knoxx products until they make major design changes.... Going to go down to the local Cabela's and and pick it up to get a feel for the grip and mount. If its comfortable I'll most likely get it in a month or two, when the budget allows it. Will keep you updated as I find out more.

M1AG30
Valued Shotgunner

Post by M1AG30 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:10 am

seems its not all KNOXX stock only the recoil reducing ones... translates the energy absobed by the spring to the stock in an upward direction when recoil spring bottoms out or so I am told and have read.... I have the non recoil reducing collapasble stock and have no isssues and as well my 12 year old son fired it last wek and also had no issues.
It is their God's decision to forgive our enemies,
It is our duty to arrange the meeting!

RandyWag
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by RandyWag » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:25 am

I think thats a pretty sweet stock, not too sure about the foregrip though. Thats just me though, not to my liking.
If you break into my house, be quiet, or ill wake up and unload on you.

SharksFan
Shotgunner

Post by SharksFan » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:48 pm

Don't blame you. Their foregrip always seems overly bulky.

M1AG30
Valued Shotgunner

Post by M1AG30 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:20 am

so.... anybody got one yet tried it out?
It is their God's decision to forgive our enemies,
It is our duty to arrange the meeting!

m-forgery
Shotgunner

Post by m-forgery » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:06 am

The only thing I dislike about Knoxx/Blackhawk recoil reducing stocks is that you can use "only" Wilson Tactical/Scattergun Technologies extended safeties. I like and use the GG&G safety and cannot use the Knoxx pistol grip recoil reducing stocks.

Vitaly
Owner

Post by Vitaly » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:30 am

m-forgery wrote:The only thing I dislike about Knoxx/Blackhawk recoil reducing stocks is that you can use "only" Wilson Tactical/Scattergun Technologies extended safeties. I like and use the GG&G safety and cannot use the Knoxx pistol grip recoil reducing stocks.
m-forgery, what is your experience with GG&G safety? It is rather new and there is no much information about it.
http://www.Rem870.com - Blog about the Remington 870 Shotgun