Magazine Extensions for Remington 870

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
12GAfun
Super Shotgunner

Re: Magazine Extensions for Remington 870

Post by 12GAfun » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:14 pm

Here are some pics of my 870 with the new Scatter gun Tech mag tube extension. I shot about 50 shells through it the other day at the range and about 21 shells into it I could not load all 6 into the tube. I was wondering if it could be my follower because it did the same thing in the Remington Mag kit I did have installed on it.

Do I need to use a pair of pliers to tighten it on there correctly or is it the GG&G follower (see pics above).
I have tried everything with the Remington Kit and gave up and got the Scatter GUN Tech by Wilson Combat. Now after being on the range and it messed up I am at my wits end with these mag tube extension kits.
Attachments
025.JPG
025.JPG (243.24 KiB) Viewed 5714 times
016.JPG
016.JPG (250.09 KiB) Viewed 5714 times
015.JPG
015.JPG (241.76 KiB) Viewed 5714 times

Reaper
Active Shotgunner

Post by Reaper » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:59 pm

I like and only use the S & J plastic followers in my 870's, and have never had a problem. I also use 1 piece extensions on my guns, Tac Star and ATI.

Have you not tried the Wilson Combat plastic follower that came with your extension? If it hangs up too, you may have problems with the mag tube. Did the 2-piece Rem extension booger up the end of your mag tube maybe? Check it for out of round or a burr on the end. Maybe you could try the extension without the wave washer if your using it. Just throwing out some ideas to maybe help you.

12GAfun
Super Shotgunner

Post by 12GAfun » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:17 pm

I tried the green follower that came with the Scatter gun kit and it worked, I did not get any hangups, there where a few times it did feel like it wanted to hang up but did not. I was not sure you could install it without the wave washer, I will try that if I do start getting issues again. Thank you for your replies

Reaper
Active Shotgunner

Post by Reaper » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:20 am

I believe the wave washer is only needed if your barrel does not have the ball detent. Glad to hear your 870 is feeding rounds properly now. :D

Gauss

Post by Gauss » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:28 pm

Hi, everybody.

I have just installed TacStar magazine tube extension 5-round in my rem870 Express 27" barrel.

Instead of drilling the dimples, or hit them with a socket, I have smoothed them down with the dremel and a fine sandpapper. I have not tried it yet with real munition but it seems good and you can not see any hole from the outside.

Good day!

PS ... Oh, oh, I've realized that the magazine finish is black while the barrel is standard finish. :oops: