Fouling question from new shooter...

General discussion about Remington 870 shotgun.
ZeppoFan68
New Shotgunner

Fouling question from new shooter...

Post by ZeppoFan68 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:22 pm

Okay guys, I may just be being a little over the top here, but I can't seem to get all of the lead fouling out of my bore. I have tried Hoppe's, Bore-Foam, and good old CLP, and follow the instructions to the tee and can't seem to get the last 8 inches of the muzzle end clean. My real question is, is this normal and is it even possible to restore a bore to "mint" condition? By the way, I have only put 75 shells through it, mostly slugs. Barrel is smooth-bore w/ cylinder choke. Any tips on how I can "get my bore it's brightest" :lol: would be greatly appreciated, Thank You.

Carlo1137
Valued Shotgunner

Re: Fouling question from new shooter...

Post by Carlo1137 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:38 pm

ZeppoFan68 wrote:Okay guys, I may just be being a little over the top here, but I can't seem to get all of the lead fouling out of my bore. I have tried Hoppe's, Bore-Foam, and good old CLP, and follow the instructions to the tee and can't seem to get the last 8 inches of the muzzle end clean. My real question is, is this normal and is it even possible to restore a bore to "mint" condition? By the way, I have only put 75 shells through it, mostly slugs. Barrel is smooth-bore w/ cylinder choke. Any tips on how I can "get my bore it's brightest" :lol: would be greatly appreciated, Thank You.
Maybe there is a way, but I would not be so worried about it. Its a cylinder bore. If it was rifled then I would worry about it. Rifled bores are for precision hunting. If you have a smooth cylinder i would not worry about it much, you can always get a wooden dowel and go to your local hardware store and buy some fine steel wool and use that to see if it will take off that fouling your talking about.
BETTER TO BE JUDGED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6

ZeppoFan68
New Shotgunner

Post by ZeppoFan68 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:01 pm

Thanks for the quick reply Carlo, I'm going to try the steel wool.

Kentactic
Senior Shotgunner

Post by Kentactic » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:33 am

How is this fouling being seen? Are you looking at it from the chamber side and seeing a dark mark as in a visible bump? Or...are you just seeing it directly from the muzzle end with a light and seeing discoloration? The first one will come out with a brass bore brush, any visible bumps of fouling just need lots of bore scrubbing... you wont hurt the barrel. get wild on it, just try not to rub the rod against the edge of the barrel as you scrub. The second i dont even try to get off. Pretty much is typical with slugs from what ive seen. It if i cant see it from the other end it dosent exist to me.

pesty3782
New Shotgunner

Post by pesty3782 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:20 pm

J-B® NON-EMBEDDING BORE CLEANING COMPOUND

I have used this with great results in all my barrels....I am not a fan of steel wool in the barrel

Tony P.

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:49 pm

Nothing's ever been in my barrel that wouldn't come out with a little bore brush work, followed by a solvent-coated patch & swab.

jgreenlee
New Shotgunner

propranolol tamoxifen keppra clomid tamoxifen

Post by jgreenlee » Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:14 pm

propranolol 40 mg kaufen propranolol rezeptfrei propranolol kaufen
tamoxifen 10 mg kaufen tamoxifen 20 mg ohne rezept tamoxifen online kaufen ohne rezept
keppra kaufen tabletten levetiracetam levetiracetam 250 mg kaufen
clomid generika kaufen clomid online kaufen clomid kaufen ohne rezept
nolvadex kaufen rezeptfrei tamoxifen kaufen preis tamoxifen kaufen
levetiracetam apotheke levetiracetam online kaufen keppra kaufen ohne rezept
baclofen rezeptfrei deutschland baclofen tabletten ohne rezept baclofen 25 mg kaufen
bupropion online rezept elontril rezeptfrei kaufen bupropion ohne rezept
orlistat kaufen osterreich xenical rezeptfrei gunstig xenical rezeptfrei gunstig
nitrofurantoin ohne rezept nitrofurantoin kaufen rezeptfrei nitrofurantoin 100mg kaufen