Barrel ship to CA?

General discussion about Remington 870 shotgun.
Sabbathu
New Shotgunner

Barrel ship to CA?

Post by Sabbathu » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:20 pm

Hey guys.

I just ordered an 870 express through gunbroker.com and it’s on the way to my local FFL here in California.

I got the 28” barrel version and I had a question. I can order a 26” barrel for variety sake, but I’m not sure if I can have it shipped to CA. The barrel I want to buy is an actual Remington part.

Gunbroker.com says I don’t need an FFL to receive it but I’m not sure about California law allowing that. Ca law states that if the barrel is serialized, it has to go through an FFL. Do you guys know if these Remington barrels are serialized?

Romulus
Valued Shotgunner

Re: Barrel ship to CA?

Post by Romulus » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:39 pm

Well it's California, whose gun laws are vastly different from the most parts of the country so I can't say for sure, but I would be shocked if even California went that far. That would mean that a Glock replacement barrel would have to go through an FFL 😐 Regardless, I've never seen an 870 barrel with a SN on it. Others may have and will chime in...
Rom

BKinzey
Senior Shotgunner

Post by BKinzey » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:43 pm

You can have the barrel shipped directly to you.

Calguns.com is an excellent site for CA gun laws. Better answers and more knowledgeable people than CA-DOJ. You should check there for the serial # on barrel law but I seriously doubt you will find anything. I've been reading that site since the mid '90s and bought a parts kit or two and have never heard of any such law.

CA does have some wacky laws and many that don't make sense, are confusing, contradictory, etc, but if a serial number on a barrel means it has to go through an FFL then there are lots of law breakers in CA. :o

Sabbathu
New Shotgunner

Post by Sabbathu » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:42 pm

Thanks for the replies, guys.