Advice & Pricing: Remington 870 Tactical Magpul Edition FDE

General discussion about Remington 870 shotgun.
007_Bond
New Shotgunner

Advice & Pricing: Remington 870 Tactical Magpul Edition FDE

Post by 007_Bond » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:33 am

Hey guys!

I’ve got Remington 870 Tactical Magpul Edition in FDE. I like

this shotgun, it’s great and has always performed reliably for me. With that said, I’m looking for a little advice.

Here’s the advice I’m looking for:
1.) Should I sell it? (Lately I’ve been wanting to increase my handgun collection. I currently have two: FN 509 Tactical & Glock G45.) A major concern I have about selling it is that they do not make this specific model anymore. Specs special to this model that are no longer offered or available are: Factory Cerakote and Factory milled receiver with XS Ghost Ring Sights with 1913/Tactical Rail. So to get this version back would definitely cost much more as certain features would have to be custom aftermarket jobs.

2.) If I do sell it - what is a correct asking price for it?

Here are the facts about the gun:

- Manufacturer Item #81226
- It has a lot of the god “police upgrades” in it (Brownell’s magazine tube aluminum follower, Remington / Factory Police / extra power magazine spring, Remington / Factory non-MIM extractor and Remington / Factory Police Carrier Dog Spring).
- ALL Magpul furniture + Magpul polymer 1913/tactical rails at the 3:00, 6:00, and 9:00 positions
- Mesa Tactical SureShell Shotshell Carrier (6) (aluminum)

Thanks for any advice in advance!

Chilly
Experienced Shotgunner

Re: Advice & Pricing: Remington 870 Tactical Magpul Edition FDE

Post by Chilly » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:10 am

Its an attractive shotgun, that is certain. What is your purpose for having it? There is no wrong answer. There is nothing wrong with eye candy fun guns. While it would indeed take a lot of money to replicate the appearance later, it wouldnt take much to replace its basic function as a weapon. I have some basic old wingmasters upgraded with new mag spring, carrier dog spring, and that's it. The rest is not necessary. Not even the extended mag, in my opinion. Ive seen many police trade-in 870 sell for $150. Ugly, inexpensive, perfectly suited for a defensive shotgun.

Ive sold many guns to buy others that I wanted more. I have few regrets. Its just stuff, after all. Have fun, enjoy variety, experience different guns, keep those that are really special to you, try not to lose a lot of money buying high and selling low.

RangeBrover

Re: Advice & Pricing: Remington 870 Tactical Magpul Edition FDE

Post by RangeBrover » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:20 pm

Might be a silly question given the time stamp, but did you sell this?