Nighthawk vs Vang Comp

General discussion about Remington 870 shotgun.
RoBro Cop

Nighthawk vs Vang Comp

Post by RoBro Cop » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:22 am

Good evening, gents.
I'd like to purchase a premium 870, and I was hoping someone could fill me in on the differences between 870s from Nighthawk Custom and Vang Comp Systems. Furniture aside, they seem to be nearly identical. Anyone have any experience with both?

efriedrich
Active Shotgunner

Re: Nighthawk vs Vang Comp

Post by efriedrich » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:55 am

They want lot of money for those when they start with Express models, nothing premium about them. You could get an 870P police model for a third of what you will pay for one of those guns and start with a premium platform for a build,the following link is not my gun but an example of what you could start with. JMHO
https://www.armslist.com/posts/8940468/ ... ga-shotgun
Last edited by efriedrich on Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

RoBro Cop

Post by RoBro Cop » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:18 pm

That answers exactly none of my question. Also, if you're trying to sell a gun, try the board's buying and selling section.

TexasArmor84
Senior Shotgunner

Post by TexasArmor84 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:08 am

They are going to be pretty much the same thing. Just different looks. Go with your preference I would also look at Wilson combat. All in all you can’t go wrong with either one. Something to think about they are all 870’s same parts and components same reliability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ShotgunSam870
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Post by ShotgunSam870 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:26 pm

I would seriously consider Wilson Combat. Seems, at least to me, that they make the best "Premium" 870. GunBroker has a few of them on there last time I looked around. Vang Comp is good too, and haven't heard much about Nighthawk.
Still, I'd give Wilson Combat a look.
“Civil Wars happen when the victimized are armed. Genocide happens when they are not.”
― A.E. Samaan

Germansheperd
Senior Shotgunner

Post by Germansheperd » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:56 pm

RoBro Cop wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:18 pm
That answers exactly none of my question. Also, if you're trying to sell a gun, try the board's buying and selling section.
While I agree he technically didn’t exactly answer your question I believe what he was trying to do was throw out another option. All 4 of those ‘premium’ shotgun builders start with the lowest quality $2xx platform. A police magnum or Wingmaster would be a substantial upgrade as a base platform and building upon that you could have a far superior shotgun for half the price when finished and if you want the ‘cherry on top’ send Vang Comp your barrel for treatment although not completely necessary.