870 Build

General discussion about Remington 870 shotgun.
BurstBarrel
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Re: 870 Build

Post by BurstBarrel » Sat May 21, 2016 1:33 pm

[quote="codyphillips48"][/quote]

Your signature line: NRA Endowment Life Member

Congratulations!
:lol:
NRA Life Member
DIY Gunsmith, Handloader and 870 Owner

codyphillips48
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by codyphillips48 » Sat May 21, 2016 2:39 pm

rA
BurstBarrel wrote:
codyphillips48 wrote:NEW PHOTOS ON THE OP
Awesome, you got the Top Folding Remington Stock and the 12” breaching barrel!
Ran a crossed the stock on Ebay. Listed as NOS never installed. From what my brother has said it looks brand new no marks and still in the oily
bag. The barrel I came a crossed on GB I ended up doing a day or so of research before buying to see how much these go for. looks like I got a good deal on it. from what I seen there about 250 from grab a gun or buds I cant remember. I ended up paying like 180 for it.

BurstBarrel wrote:
codyphillips48 wrote:
Your signature line: NRA Endowment Life Member

Congratulations!

yup been a life member for 3 or 4 years upgraded later December for a 250 I think it was.
870 Owner x2 11/87 Owner x2 ;)
NRA Endowment Life Member
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

codyphillips48
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by codyphillips48 » Tue May 24, 2016 5:54 pm

No updates yet. waiting on my next pay check to come threw. But I'm watching a 26" barrel with removable chokes on ebay. still looking for a 14" inch bead sight barrel. Ones the check goes threw Ill buy the sling from SOE and mag tube ext for brownells. Hopefully I can get the 26" barrel at a good price and hopefully I can find a 14" one.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

codyphillips48
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by codyphillips48 » Thu May 26, 2016 2:31 pm

Breaching Barrel has made it to the house added a couple of pic of it. Found out the muzzle break does come off it and it has external threads on the barrel. I'm still watching for a 26" barrel. If anyone has one let me know for a good price. Later today Il probably order the mag tube ext after work.

codyphillips48
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by codyphillips48 » Thu May 26, 2016 11:38 pm

Just scored a 26" vent barrel with rem choke on eBay for 150 and free shipping new in box. Used the cc until I get paid tomorrow HAHA. tomorrow will order some more goodies hope to have more pics up in the next week or so. 22 days and 1 hour and 12 min till take off then then there will be pics of shooting this bad boy. also ordered a SOE single point black sling.

BurstBarrel
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Post by BurstBarrel » Fri May 27, 2016 11:26 am

codyphillips48 wrote:Just scored a 26" vent barrel with rem choke on eBay for 150 and free shipping new in box. Used the cc until I get paid tomorrow HAHA. tomorrow will order some more goodies hope to have more pics up in the next week or so. 22 days and 1 hour and 12 min till take off then then there will be pics of shooting this bad boy. also ordered a SOE single point black sling.
You'll like the handling and swing of the 26-32" barrels for bird hunting and clay shooting. I used my 21" barrel on pheasant and didn't care for it on a moving target. Plus with 3" 1-1/4 oz. loads the extra weight although only a few ounces does soak up the kick back.

Are you swagging in new rails and installing a new ejector & rivet?
NRA Life Member

codyphillips48
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by codyphillips48 » Fri May 27, 2016 1:35 pm

BurstBarrel wrote:
You'll like the handling and swing of the 26-32" barrels for bird hunting and clay shooting. I used my 21" barrel on pheasant and didn't care for it on a moving target. Plus with 3" 1-1/4 oz. loads the extra weight although only a few ounces does soak up the kick back.

Are you swagging in new rails and installing a new ejector & rivet?

I have a 26" on my other express and I love it. not to long not to short just the right amount of weight.
as for the ejector the receiver is not a completely stripped it has the ejector and shell latch's still installed in it.
so hopefully I can just take all the parts and just piece it together like Legos haha

codyphillips48
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by codyphillips48 » Fri May 27, 2016 10:56 pm

Well today I own the rifled barrel on gb and ordered the plus 1 and 2 mag ext from Wilson combat. SOE single point sling is shipped and so are the mag tube ext. should have them by next weekend. The rifled barrel should ship tomorrow according to the guy on GB. Only Important stuff to make it some what complete is the 14" barrel and the case. Ill more then likely have to wait a couple of weeks before I can buy that stuff. let my bank recover from this month of spending. HAHA good thing we are working 84 hours a week right now. I hope everyone is enjoying this as much as I am.

Next kinda big thing is how should I finish this shot gun

KG gunkote
the Normal Black park
Ceratcoat

I don't know yet maybe I can get some help from y'all

BurstBarrel
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Post by BurstBarrel » Sat May 28, 2016 11:41 am

I don't like to change the finish for the most part on a new part, but in your case or with some 870 Expresses it's needed. Are you looking for contrasting colors or all black? Unless parkerizing has changed it has to be kept oiled so it doesn't rust.
NRA Life Member

codyphillips48
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by codyphillips48 » Sun May 29, 2016 2:11 pm

My biggest thingg is everything matching. I'm ocd about little things like that. 2nd I'd like a little more protection from the elements. I know in Florida I have to oil my guns at least once a month because I lack A/C in my house and the humidity it self will rust the hell out of my guns.thats why I was considering the kg gunkote